A series of unfortunate events

Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Escapes

So I've been gettin pretty stir-crazy lately and was very much in need of getting away. So I hit my friend Matty up for an assist in the escape. Who doesn't need a little aiding and abedding now and then eh? So Friday I get off work, pack some crap and start heading to the beautiful city of Portland! Fast forward an hour and you find me, barely 20 miles from where I started. Gotta love the rush hour traffic! Snore...Ok fast forward 2 more hours to find me finally entering Portland! Yay! So I meet up with Matty at his friends' apartment. There I find yet another native of Idaho Falls. Sadly Greg had the misfortune of attending the Halloween High of Idaho Falls. Hanyway so we hung out, watched some Heroes and had some wicked yummy salad that Greg made! Well then midnight rolls by and then 1am rolls by and Matty and I start to head back to his place to crash. So what is best at this time of night!? Fast food of course! So we make a little detour to Tabo Bell! Mmmmm! So we get back to Matt's place, put on Juno, which by the way is an awesome flick, and enjoy our Taco Smell! Well Matt quickly fell asleep curled up on the floor so I finished watching the movie alone. I think he woke up around 6am and finally went to bed. Hehe and I got the oh so comfortable couch which he said is where he usually sleeps. Of course the best part is the oh so warm and comfy blanket of his I got to use, which oh yeah I made, so by default rocks! So then I think we both woke up around 11:30am. Matt headed the library to do some homework and I headed to the Portland Art Museum. There is an awesome exhibit there currently called The Dancer, featuring the artists Degas, Forain and Toulouse-Lautrec. All the paintings and sketchings and statues were of ballet dancers. It was amazing. I think my favorite was Degas by far though. Then I just wandered about the Portland State University grounds and took pictures that you see about. There were also a group of peoples playing music in the park. It was pretty sweet. There was a little girl, that was a daughter of one of the guys there, that was like 5 and had fuscia hair and kept telling me I should dance. I headed back to his place when it was getting too cold. I hung out there for a bit while Matt went out to dinner with his parentals. Then we headed back to Greg's place to chill. K well mostly I chilled and they played beer pong. But I got to meet Matt's current girl. She was way cute and very sweet. Well then Matty and I walked back to his place, which was very cold by the way! Where the heck is summer!?! Good crap! So then Sunday morning I think we woke up around 3pm. And Matt had a study session so I just chilled for a few hours before making my way back to lameland, aka my life. Which by the way only took 2 hours this time around. So thanks for the escape Matty!

3 comments:

lisa said...

Hold the phone...is this the Matty? The Matty that officially sucks at life? The Matty that SHOULD be dead to you? That Matty? When did this reconciliation go down? Aside from all that, I'm glad you had a fabulous weekend!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

So, although all high schools suck...really...IF was so much better than Skyline and had better teachers. ;) JK You need to come visit some time.

suzanne said...

These are way cool photos of Portland! Great blog Sarah!