A series of unfortunate events

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Red Hookers

So over the most of the summer I was on a softball team as I mentioned before. Dubbed the Red Hookers cause we were sponsored by Red Hook beer. It was so much fun just to be able to get out and be active every week as I've been less than stellar in that aspect in quite a few years. Mostly I played out in right field but was also thrown in as catcher and first base as needed. I was talked into being on the team by my roomie Soren and his friend Matt. I'm glad I caved and joined cause it was a great time and the team was full of awesome people. Forget that I ended up tearing my meniscus in both knees. Most weeks we would go back to the rooftop of the condo building in Seattle, where most our teammated lived, for chill time and bbqs. Way nice view that overlooked Lake Union to one side and the Spaceneedle to the other. Our team was actually quite good too. We made it to the playoffs and ended up taking 4th in the league! Woohoo! Can't wait for next year!

The Red Hookers

Throwing up some gang signs...

The Roommate

I-DA-HOE

And we win...

5 comments:

Sterling Family said...

you finally got onto blogger! im amazed! where have you been! its good to hear your enjoying life again. ive missed you :)

Dad said...

Well my long lost daughter reports in, finally. You are one strange copy of your old man. Too bad for you.
So what does a torn meniscus do for your gait? hop-along Sarah?
Try to check in a little more often we enjoy hearing from you.

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh fun! Glad you're enjoying yourself! We're moving today to Sammamish... we should probably hang out.

Sar Bear said...

The knees aren't too bad if I'm running a straight line. It's when I want to cut or pivot that they hate me. Oh yeah and no more sitting indian style. So sad... :(

Amy said...

you da idaho. poor knees :(