A series of unfortunate events

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Fever

So spring finally seems to be wanting to arrive. Its about time too cause I am so sick of the cold and being couped up. So Soren made me go running with him a couple weeks ago and surprisingly I have tried to keep it up and have been running a circuit of 2.5 miles around my neighborhood. The first time I ran it by myself I think I ended up going about 3 miles cause I kept getting lost in my neighborhood. I know. I am awesome. But in my defense the neighborhood does wrap around a golf course and makes it all twisty and turny and you end up having intersections of 160th Ave and 160th Pl. Not cool. But then this week I'm taking a little break from the running cause it decided to rain again and it would have been more like takin a swim. Not to mention like a cool person I pulled my groin muscle doing a cartwheel. Not cartwheels, but cartwheel...as in one. Special.

I'm way excited for the summer too! More sun please. And with summer comes softball season. So I'm all certified to umpire and whatnot but I'm not sure I really want to now. Soren and his friend Matt talked me into joining their softball team. We are the Red Hookers. Hehe. Yeah we are sponsered by Red Hook beer. Everyone has nicknames and what not for their shirts. Most the guys picked names from Will Farrell movies and what not. Soren is Night Hawk and Matt is Dragon. And since I am from Idaho and the boys decided I must know everything about potatoes. (They even put me in charge of cooking them for a bbq we had. I however had to call my madre for directions on how to bake a potato. Hehe). So they tried to name me Spuds. I nixed that one real quick like. There for ending me up with the name I-da-hoe. Eh. It works. So we've had practice a few times and the team has some fun peoples. Not the greatest talent pool, but at least I can hold my own. Especially for not playing in many many years. Hey at least it gave me an excuse to finally buy my own glove. GI Joes is going out of business so they had a nice sale and I was forced to go drop a chunk of change on some gear! Weeooh.

Yay for summer and here's to a nice new tan!

9 comments:

jayme said...

I am jealous. No one in our little corner of town gets together to play softball. They did in Mesa, but not here in south phoenix. How much was your mitt? Maybe I should have you get one for me if it was a great deal and pay you back. What do you think? Then we could "toss it around" when I come visit :)(Not the mitt, a ball)

Lysha said...

fun stuff. hey, i wanna play too! pick me, pick me! umm what tan? i dont see any such thing on my body. oh. yeah! cause idaho weather sucks!!! and i dont tan...as far as i know anyway. im kind of a hermit...

Andrew B. said...

Make sure to bring your mitt to the reunion.

Amy said...

yaaayyyy summer! well almost summer :D you'll have to get some pictures of you and your team at a game. I wanna see you in gear and pointing at that awesome nickname they gave you. You got the fun stripes on your shirts?

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Your mom brought Danny's old mitt for Kleyn and he loves it. I'll have to have him bring it to the reunion, too, so he can feel all included and cool like his Aunt Sarah. ;)

Anonymous said...

psh. i see some mitts on the shelf over yonder i guess i'll have to bring. im not going to sit this one out!
and srah, i need a new bathing suit.. i think you know what this means - shopping! hehe
-T

Ryan and Alisha said...

Hey!! I love you!!

Sterling Family said...

i miss you :(

Baird said...

arielle (our cousin - who else?) put up a blogspot.
kylearielleandmegan.blogspot.com