A series of unfortunate events

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Labor Day, Wakeboarding and Dave

So I have been getting the 3rd degree about not updating this thing often enough so its actually like 7 am on a saturday and of course I'm awake. I don't know why, all I know is that it sucks and I should by all rights still be asleep like a normal person that loves to sleep in. But alas my body hate me and sleep decided it hates me these days and we dont hang out much anymore. So I thought to myself, hey self lets do some blogging. So let me tell you a little story about Labor Day weekends, wakeboarding and Dave.

So Andrew invited me out to the Snatch again for the weekend. This time I went with his aunt, Annie. Its kinda weird calling her that though cause she is actually younger than both myself and Andrew. But anyhow, so we drove over together, which really the most hilarious part was that when we were between exits, Annie decided that she really had to use the ...facilities and that she couldn't wait for another exit so we took the next turn off and she popped squat in a bush! I was dying! So then we continued on and got into Wenatchee and headed to the "Logamahal." This abode so coined by Andrew is actually the house of some good friends of their family and it is HUGE and looks like a log mansion! Rick and Nancy have two teenage boys and are all super nice people. But the house is beautiful and sits right on the lake, complete with swimming pool, hot tub, every electrical amenity a house could possibly want including theater room, a boat and jet skis and a lot more I'm not listing here. Anyhow so we hung out for the night, played some pool, went for a swim then turned in for the night. But not before I had to have Rick kill a nasty huge spider in the bathroom so I could take a shower, which he squished with a chip he had in his hand...ewww.

The next morning Nancy was kind enough to make us breakfast then we headed out on the boat for a little wakeboarding! Sadly I didn't get any pics boarding cause I forgot the camera. But it was great cause I haven't been since I moved from AZ, which puts it at about three years now! Way too long! And of course my body was feeling it the next couple days.

So then we headed back cause Rick, Nancy and the boys were heading to their own concert thing. So Annie, Andrew and myself hung out by the pool for a few hours.
Then went for a quick stint on the jet skis. Then we got ready and jumped in Nancy's Mercedes to head to the Gorge for a little Dave Matthews concert! It was a bit frigid but totally worth it! They also did a memorial for LeRoy who had just passed away a few weeks back.
All in all it was a pretty awesome weekend! Thanks yet again Andrew for an escape!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

btw, i've changed the url to tbaird.blogspot.com. i just thought it would be important to know..

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I know...it's sad that I don't have very many good pictures of him. I just take too many of my boys and forget to take any of Danny. :) That and he always looks like a grease monkey. ;)

Summer said...

sarah! this is summer! i miss you! i was looking at all of lisas friends and i saw your name and got real excited. Are you still living in idaho? or washington? cause im in rexburg idaho! so maybe thats close? i dont know, but you look super cute and i miss ya!

Amy said...

I'm jealous! you look like you had a blast. That's quite the hottie you got there btw.. *wink*wink* :D

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Happy Halloween!!!!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Well, I'll just tell you that he had a blast wearing women's clothes. :) I could have gotten him a guys t-shirt, but I thought about that after I bought them. :) Only on Halloween...I'm just glad your brother is a good sport. He told me no more stretch pants, though. Oh, well. At least I got away with it once, right? Hahaha. The pictures really don't really do justice. They were so much better in person. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow took you a while to post about this great weekend that we had. Sorry I haven't been around much. Working a ton and hanging out with some new friends over here. I really do miss you!