nder and only a Behringer, still a freakin strat and its mine! Not to mention it is one sexy beast! So that was awesome! Thanks Billy!A few weeks back I was meandering the Bellevue Square Mall with a friend I pretty much freakin miss all the time, and came across the Martin Lawrence Art Gallery. They were having an auction and within the list of paintings for auction I found my new favorite painting that I totally want! Nevermind that it is going for over $9000...perhaps I can get Painted With Oil to recreate it for me! But yeah I just love the colors and how they flow. The painting is called Transcend and the artist is Deborah Paswaters out of California. All her paintings are pretty amazing including some she did for the 2005-2006 Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Life in Bloom series. Just beautiful.
I have also been getting out a bit more thanks to the help of Orit and Matt's friend Jeff. Although from here on out he will be known as Jefe cause that is how he got entered into my phone and I really like it much more. So we went somewhere near north Seattle and saw a few different bands play and a couple places there. First we saw a really poppy punk band by the name of the Cute Leopards. They were pretty good to hear in a local scene but not anyone I would rush back to see again given other choices. The next band we saw was way awesome! They are outta Bellinham and go by the name of Yogoman Burning Band. If you like the music stylings of Sublime and 311 and whatnot you will love these guys! They are excellent musicians and do an amazing job vocally of harmonizing! Not to mention their bass player is a chick with a great set of pipes! So they have her, a guy on guitar, a guy on drums and three more on the sax, the trombone and the trumpet. Yeah I totally am going to buy their cd! Makes me remember how much I loved the local music scene in Arizona and how much I miss the feeling of having your head in a fish bowl when you leave!
And to top it all of yesterday my coworker Richard gave me my Bestest Cd...or so the cd says! Hehe! He has great taste in music so I've been wanting him to make me a mix and he did not let me down! Thanks Richard! I love it! And by far I love that the first line on the first song which is a guy saying "I can ride my bike with no handle bars, no handle bars, no handle bars!" Yeah I don't know, I just love it! The Flobots. Pretty sweet. Yeah and so that concludes my ramblings for the night. I need to go undo the tape job Orit did on my knee cause my body rocks and decided my knees needed to cause me pain this week. Yay...not to mention I hear it can be quite the process to remove Endura Fix and Tape. Removing it too fast can also aide in removing your skin...good times. Have I ever mentioned how much Orit is my hero!?! Yeah she is always fixing me. The best is when my back is killing and she will do Advanced Strain Counter Strain! It's her barely touching me on either side of the spine in certain places that allows the deep muscles to release and hence letting the spine go back into alignment! Amazazing!
6 comments:
that was some awesome randomness! sounds like things are going well and you are having fun. yeah, the local music scene here was cool...good times. remember that band Casey Jones we randomly heard at Zia Records that one night...i recently found that cd and was listening to it at the gym. Good stuff.
Well, of course, but you're taking my Lysha. :) I won't have a babysitter for the summer. ;) You finally get to meet Kaleb...and before his first birthday!! I can't believe he's already crawling and you haven't seen him yet. Such is life when you get older, though, isn't it? How long are you staying and what day will you get here? (Nobody likes to tell me anything, but it's still nice to know.)
Hey you! Thanks for leaving a message on my blog! It's great to here from you! What are you up to? Where are you living these days? I'm doing very well and even better now that you brightened up my day!
I'm so glad you tracked me down! Yeah, the whole Vegas thing didn't last long - we weren't really fans of the place. Right now my hubby is in law school in San Diego (beautiful place, but cost of living is OUT OF CONTROL!!). We're in IF for the summer doing the summer clerkship thing. Lots of fun. Oh, and we have a little girl who'll be 2 in August. 2!! Can you believe that I'm the mother of a 2 year old?! OK, this has been WAY too long of a comment. But keep in touch.
So, you obviously need to get here faster because whenever we look at your blog Kleyn says that you are Aunt Nae. We definitely don't see you enough. ;) And I need some better pictures of you to show my boys so they know who you are. :)
A. you need to update your blog. what is the point of having a blog if you aren't going to update it?!
B. 'member when you worked for that law firm? well, i went to see a dermatologist yesterday for this thing on my leg (its cool, not cancer), and it was totally in your law firm building. and then i started 'membering the times we would meet for lunch and stuff.
3. aren't you coming to az, like, EVER!?
Post a Comment